The Construction Hub
The Construction Hub will help transform the region’s economy by providing the construction industry with the skills they need now and in the future.
North Hertfordshire College is working alongside core partner Stevenage Borough Council to work with major contractors and Hertfordshire Job Centre Plus to deliver flexible training solutions that meet local need and employer workforce planning demands.
Located in the heart of the SG1 regeneration programme the NHC construction training hub offers a wide range of full time and part time construction courses that meet industry needs.
We want to build this exciting project together – Hertfordshire Training, for Hertfordshire people, for Hertfordshire places.
Please visit Homepage – Construction Hub for further details. The CSCS courses are fully funded by the CITB open to anyone living in Hertfordshire who wish to gain employment in construction.
Our core programme runs across 4 weeks, depending on client group and employer need. Courses are comprised of a blend of class based theory, simulated practical training and onsite experience. Programme details currently include:
OUR INDUSTRY PARTNERS
All our partners are key players in the construction world. We are proud to have their support to provide real, onsite experiences for our Hub beneficiaries that ensures they are site ready. Our partners are:
Practical training options:
- Level 1 Certificate in Construction
- Asbestos Awareness
- Awards in site supervision
- Traffic Marshalling
- Manual handling
- Working at Heights
- CSCS HSE test
- Advice, guidance and assistance with apprenticeships
- Mental Health Awareness.
Classroom training, including:
- Level 1 City and Guilds Health & Safety in Construction – CSCS HSE Test Preparation
- The CSCS card and test
- Employment skills, CV preparation and Interview practice
- Onsite work experience
- Site tours and equipment demonstrations
- Career mentoring with an industry professional.
- Access to a pool of sector skilled workers
- Close skills gaps in the local workforce
- Upskilling for existing workforce
BENEFITS OF TRAINING WITH THE CONSTRUCTION HUB
- Practical training with an introduction to bricklaying, plastering and other trades as required in our large trade workshops
- Theory training to prepare candidates for the HSE test taken at our onsite CITB Test centre
- Guaranteed job interview with our recruitment partners and contractors
- On-site experiences with local construction supply chain partners
- Free access to live vacancies through our contractors and recruitment partners.
ADDITIONAL INDUSTRY TRAINING
We will also provide individual and team training in a range of essential areas including:
- Asbestos Awareness training
- CSCS card preparation
- CSCS tests
- Working at Heights
- Manual Handling
- 18th Edition IET
WHO WE TRAIN
- School leavers between 16 to 19 years old
- Apprentices from 16+
- Job Centre Plus referrals
- Adults with no previous construction experience
- Construction workers looking to up-skill
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE FROM YOU
- On-site work experience. We would like to work with you to provide on-site work experiences to the Construction Hub students in line with the Stevenage Works projects. This will support career progression and entry into the industry.
- Feedback on our offer. If there are current training needs for your teams that you would like us to respond to, please get in touch.
- Recruitment. We would like to understand your workforce requirements. Please get in touch to discuss how we can help you fulfil your recruitment needs.
WHAT IS STEVENAGE WORKS?
Stevenage Works is a partnership between Stevenage Borough Council, North Hertfordshire College and The Hertfordshire Job Centre Plus (JCP). It was created to deliver a joined-up approach to social value across the town and wider area. In this context, social value refers to the aspiration to streamline opportunities for local people into jobs, community wealth building and initiatives to improve to lives residents.