- Meg I am so excited about the progress of Stevenage regeneration and unleashing of this town's untapped potential. I really believe it will be made better for current local residents as well as future residents of Stevenage whom we eagerly welcome to diversify the town in many aspects for the better for everyone. I wish it will no longer be a destination for out of option deprived London exodus but a new frontier for great minds who seek logical, convenient, and modern lifestyle. Our Stevenage will never have the chocolate-box charms and 'ye olde' history that neighbouring villages offer but we can be as attractive come the completion of regeneration and be historic in its own right as a successfully rejuvenated historic new town in years to come.
My little thought, I can see that the regeneration plan does not include areas around ASDA, North Hertfordshire College, Roaring Meg and Monkswood retail park but I want to voice my opinion on the importance of improving pedestrian/cycle access to all of these key destinations and smartly connecting them all to each other as well as to the town centre. The way retail parks have been designed make it awkward and dangerous for locals to walk/cycle there. Now that the additional fund from government's MyTown campaign is secured, is there a possibility for the plan to be stretched to the south of town centre towards Asda, NHC, Monkswood and Roaring Meg retail parks? I really hope so as it makes better sense that way..
- Tony I think the engagement with the Stevenage public is excellent, I use Twitter mainly.
Letting us know what has been done so far is important as we don't get to see it with our own eyes, also showing us the bigger picture re: the future plans and spend.
Well done to the media/engagement team.
- Geoffrey Roberts How do buses get in and out of the interchange ?.
- Preston Superb, what a website it is! This web site presents useful facts to us, keep it up..
- Tina Walker Improved access by bike/trike/cargo bike/etc to and through the central shopping areas.
This was destroyed be the forum/Tesco developments. Hopefully in the light of the need to increase active travel post covid cycle provision will become the priority that it deserves to be..
- jacqueline There is very little concrete information about the redevelopment on this website ... seriously ? ?.